The Adam McCloud Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated in supporting organizations that honor the life and memory of Adam McCloud. Adam McCloud died in 2012 after sustaining serious injuries from an assault that occurred downtown Stillwater, MN. Through the gift of organ donation and partnership with LifeSource (Donate Life), he was able to save the lives of *five individuals.
LifeSource is an organization that focuses on organ, eye and tissue donation in the Upper Midwest. We are working to help LifeSource reach their mission of saving lives and offering hope and healing through excellence in organ donation in our community.
Our mission is to raise awareness of the need for organ donation in our community and help save lives across the metro through partnership with LifeSource.
How we will do this:
- Educate our community on donation needs through focused events, resulting in registered donors.
- Measure: Have people register at events and track progress.
- Support families through the donation process by providing financial support to LifeSource
and key programming.
- Measure: List out financial support and programming that will benefit from the funds.
Everyone in Washington County is motivated to save lives through the decision to become a donor.
Key Programs & Events
- Annual LifeSource Fundraiser & Concert Event, featuring The Dweebs
- Parade participation in surrounding areas
- Speaking Events – Multiple leaders in our Organization are Donate Life trained Ambassadors supporting Lifesource
- Annual Toy Drive during the holidays to support families and honor Adam’s love for Christmas
*Organ Recipients – Oct. 5th, 2012:
- Heart – 19 year-old man
- Lungs – 62 year-old man
- Liver – 59 year-old man
- Pancreas – 38 year-old man
- Kidney – 6 year-old girl who had been hospitalized and on dialysis for 2 years